Sunday, June 10, 2007

Paralels Workstation for MAC

Wow -- I just purchased Parallels 3.0 to replace my Bootcamp 1.2 install. Much more convienient. I use Visio, AutoCad, and Project for work. AutoCad took a little time -- as it does on the PC. Everything else was perfect.

I actually had a little trouble getting it installed, it turned out to be my WinXP install disk (in fact I have 4 Full Retail versions of XP, all with bad disks). After solving that issue everything went perfectly.

I ran into an incompatibility with my Polar heart-rate monitor. It uses a USB 1.1 to IR converter to download ride data from my HRM. It appears to be incompatible with Parallels. There is a new converter (USB 2.0) that appears to work. Yet another Polar accessory required.

Bootcamp is good, Parallels is better.

No comments: