Monday, November 16, 2009

Pugsley Frame Modifications








Since I'm going to build this bike with disk brakes it really doesn't need the mounts for cantilever brakes -- so I cut them off. I'm going to have the frame powder coated another color anyway so removing the mounts is pretty easy. I started with a 4.5" angle grinder with a thin cutting wheel. then a put in a 80 grit grinding wheel and removed almost all of the old mount. I then uses a small air powered angle-headed die-grinder to remove the last bits. I then used a 12" file the length of the tube to smooth everything out. I finished it with 80 grit Emory cloth. It will take a tiny bit of filler to smooth everything out (that die grinder is a little more aggressive than I thought) but after powder coating everything should be invisible.

No comments: