Sunday, May 15, 2011

Tough track days

I've clearly committed some terrible deed and have offended the all-powerfull god of head-gaskets (GoHG). He first smote me two years ago but striking down my M3 at Pikes Peaks. Then a year later GoHG struck again at Pueblo. This spring I lost the third one in my car -- this time at Buttonwillow. Then last month GoHG struck the LTW during the Buttonwillow enduro costing us a likely podium. So it wasn't entirely unexpected that he struck yet again on Friday, this time striking the mighty S-14 powering the E30 M3 I was driving. The head-gasket failure probably happened the last time the car was on track and just showed up at this session but the result is the same -- a weekend at the track yielded just three laps. On the plus side I remembered at least some of the Thunderhill track even though it's been something like 10 years since I had lapped there. Also the E30 M3 fits me like a glove. I raced one for many years and find them to be among the most fun cars on the track.

No comments: