Sunday, February 7, 2016

Training?

Lexington Reservoir still looking pretty empty. The water should be up to about where I was standing when I took this.
So, I'm back on the bike with some regularity after the last surgery. Not fast and not far but out there trying. Today was my longest and hardest ride so far. 18.8 mile taking nearly 2 hours. I climbed over 700 ft which is also a record. I rode from home to Lexington reservoir, a ride I used to treat as a rest day or recovery ride. Today it took all I had to finish - and I walked most of the last climb. I'm surely going to feel this one tomorrow.

It's still really humbling out there. I'm pretty slow (sub 10 MPH average for this ride), regularly getting passed by just about every one. But I have to keep the ego in check and let them all go - trying to keep up quickly drives my heart-rate to the max and beyond. It's going to take a while to achieve any real level of fitness.


No comments: