Wednesday, November 28, 2007

London Ink

I just watched the premier episode of London Ink just now and am astonished to learn that people in Jolly Old England seem to feel actual pain when getting a Tattoo. I've seen a lot of tattoo-themed reality TV shows in my time, I've seen Tattoo Wars, Tattoo Stories, Inked and both Miami and LA inks, and in all those shows I have never seen a single person show any pain at all. I always figured that when you get under TV lights or in front of a video camera you become completely impervious to pain. It's like having a super-power.

But in London folks seem to actually feel pain while under the needle. I really saw it; tears, grimacing, jaw clenching, hand wringing, and general fidgeting. I was shocked. I can only think the crazy 50Hz power European power system blocks all the super-powers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.