Thursday, July 24, 2008

Food!

Ok, enough bitching about my phone. Lets talk about something important, FOOD!

I've been stuck in Philadelphia since last night and the next flight out isn't until tomorrow morning. Burning 36 hours in Philly isn't really too bad, but tonight was a real treat. On a whim I went to the Capitol Grill expecting a solid steakhouse and little more. What a surprise.

I had one of the best Fillet Mignon I've ever had -- and I've had a more than a few. I'm pretty much a Fillet guy. I'll pass up the intense flavor a strip, the sublime marbling of a rib-eye for the absolute smooth tenderness of a Fillet anytime.

I can tell you that the guys at the Capitol Grill in Philly turn out a
Fillet that ranks among the very best. Tonight I went with the Vidiala Onion Rings and the big (14 oz.) Fillet Mignon. The rings were perfect, crisp and super sweet and a parfect compliment to the tenderness of the fillet.

Paired with a 2004 Lyeth Meritage, it was a truely spectacular combination. However the star of the evening was the Fillet itself. It was so tender that without the cpisply charred outside it would be dificult to tell it was in your mouth -- it was that tender.

All in all the cipatol Grille was a real suprise and a real treat.

Highly recommended.

No comments: