Tuesday, June 21, 2011

PR - Hunters Point Climb

I set a new personal record (59Min 22Sec) this morning climbing to Hunters Point in the Fremont Older Open Space Preserve.

I have become a little worried about the lack of diversity in my training regimin. I've been logging long hours on the bike and feeling the benefits, but I want to maintain a high level of "whole body" fitness so I cut way back on the cycling milage and instead focused on strength work for three weeks. I like the CrossFit WOD concept so I do them nearly every day now. I built Kathy a 10' slosh-tube which is also a great work-out aid. The last three weeks have been 90% anaerobic with lots of sets to failure.

Two things happened...

I lost 10 lbs.

I PR'd the first time back on the bike.

Probably a combination of newly developed strength and a health appetite for riding after a couple of weeks off.

No comments: