Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Jam Class

Last week, when I was picking up the ES-225 from its tune up, Val talked me into attending a Blues Jam Class at King Amplification. I’ve only been playing guitar a couple of months, so I wasn’t sure I was ready to play at that level.

What a cool event. I was totally lost about 75% of the time – so was the guy next to me. I’ve got lots of homework to do. I think I’ve got the 12-bar 1,4,5 progression down – I just need to play the chords. Need to listen to more Blues Shuffles – Jimmy Reed style.


I’ve been trying lots of different pics. I started with really thin pics and as my playing has improved I find I want them thicker. I picked up a couple of the tiny Dunlop Jazz IIIs and really like them. The only problem is they are so small I drop them a lot. I have read that playing with them more may reduce this. 

I'm still digging the guitar and pretty much play every day. When Kathy and Jax are gone I crank up my little tube amp and fill the house with dirty Blues. I'm not sure where the cats stand on all this. 

No comments: