Sunday, January 5, 2014

More guitar

Now that I’ve been playing guitar regularly for a couple of months I’ve started to subconsciously hear guitar in all kinds of places. I notice riffs, hooks and licks in everything -- elevator music, TV and radio commercials, kid's shows, etc. The more I play, the more I hear. Is it Neuroplasticity (R)? Who knows. 

I’ve also started to listen to more blues – between Pandora, iTunes Radio, and SiriusXM I can listen to blues all day long -- Robert Johnson, Rory Gallagher, BB, Buddy Guy, SRV, Leadbelly, and Bonamassa. I've started to play it too. I even got another guitar so I can have one in drop-d tune all the time.

So ffar I’ve been playing through an Amplug AC-30 “pocket amp” or an iRig/iPad pair using ear-buds. This works pretty good for practice – but now I want to be able play without things in my ears.


SO now that my playing isn’t a total embarrassment (most of the time) I’ve started taking my guitar to the local shops and test-driving small tube amps. They sure do sound cool.

No comments: