Saturday, July 18, 2015

Stratocaster modding

I decided to change the look of my Stratocaster by replacing the white pick guard and other plastic bits with black. My guitar is Lake Placid Blue (LPB) in color which is a common for Fender instruments and is almost always paired with white or ivory plastic. I saw a LPB Telecaster with black plastic at a shop a few weeks ago and thought it looked really good.

Installing the new parts was a little harder than I thought because I had to remove the guitar's neck to reinstall the pick guard. Here are the before, during and after pics. I think it looks a little "meaner" now. I still need to set the pickup hight and find matching black knobs and switch tip but the hard work is done.
Custom Shop Stratocaster as delivered
During Installation
New plastic bits and strings installed

No comments: