Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Watch Repair

My TAG Heuer Senna Chronograph fully disassembled

I've been wearing the same TAG Heuer mechanical watch for nearly 10 years. I've take it SCUBA diving, shooting, rock climbing and a number of other non-watch-friendly places and it's held up pretty well for a mechanical watch. Over the last couple of years it's lost a little accuracy - finally requiring a reset every couple of weeks to maintain accuracy.

After a long search and a bit of clandestine testing I decided to trust World Time, a local certified watchmaker to adjust the timing of my watch. They tested it prior to adjustment and it was pretty far out of adjustment. On the watchmaker's advice I opted for a complete disassembly, cleaning and reassembly. It took a few months and I just got the watch back today.

It looks nearly new. He re-brushed the case and band so it looks and feels new again. He fully disassembled
After reassembly it looks almost new - but carries nearly 10 years of memories. 
it, cleaned and lubricated all the moving parts are reassembled it. Along the way he replaced a cracked jewell and the cap and tube (the second time for this repair).

He then measured the performance and adjusted it in six different positions. It took a few months but I'm pretty happy with the results. Time will tell (pun intended) if it's as accurate as indicated.

No comments: