Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Recovery time

It is at times difficult to appreciate the depth and speed of my recovery. I frequently get down as it seems to be taking forever to achieve even the most basic level of fitness and mobility. Tonight I was happily reminded how far I have come.

I remember the first time I tried to use my iPad in the hospital -- I struggled forever with a plastic spoon to pry-off the cover of the Otterbox and couldn't open the thing. After some help opening the case I wasn't even strong enough to hold it upright. While progress seems glacially slow, it's quite easy to forget how bad things really were.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Any time you need a reminder of how bad it was just give me a call as I have tons of pictures of you when you were really, really sick.