Saturday, September 6, 2014

This little piggie

It's been a couple of months and my toes are still a problem. I think I've been hoping that somehow they would heal but now it's clear they will not. The dead tissue between the #4 and #5 (pinkie) toe cracked during PT a couple of weeks ago and won't heal. I've seen a podiatrist and a vascular surgeon in the last couple of days and both agree the crack won't heal (because the tissue is dead) and that removing all the dead tissue is the best was to help them heal.

That means removing parts of 7 toes -- not an easy thing to accept. I''m getting more used to the idea but it still sucks to loose parts of your body. Depending on my mood I alternately feel angry, sad or accepting of this news. Next we we will schedule the procedure -- hopefully this will help then heal.

2 comments:

Jared said...

Damn...no flip flops for you. So what do they do to fill up your shoes..prosthetic toes? You are one BAMF.

Ren said...

It seems to be a case of two steps forward, one step back - no pun intended. I think I'll just wear a smaller shoe. Think of all the time I'll save trimming toenails.